Monday, February 1, 2010

Traveling

The drive really wasn't as bad as I had been expecting. I left Norfolk, VA at 9am on thursday morning and headed south since I had heard bad weather was headed through TN. I drove until the border of Mississippi and stopped for the night at about 11pm. It was a very long day, but I was looking forward to a shorter day on Friday. I was able to leave the hotel pretty early and made it to Austin, TX by 5pm. The drive was great, I had clear skies and beautiful weather til I hit Texas and then his a storm for about an hour. Other than that it was smooth sailing, but 1500 miles later I was glad to finally stop in Austin for a few days! I spent the weekend with my grandparents and family, walking around the mall and playing on the trampoline with my cousins. I left early this morning to report at Ft. Sam.

What I learned:
Don't speed! I counted 64 cop cars and 1 border patrol car on the trip from Norfolk to Austin!
Be careful driving through Alabama at night: 26 deer along the road!
Don't try and stop for bbq in South Carolina, you wont find a place.
I recommend arriving the day before to check in to your room, otherwise its a mess trying to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment