Friday, February 5, 2010

Texas does have sun!

So the last few days have been a busy blur! We were finally broken up into platoons and squads. I am in 6th platoon, 4th squad...which means I go last for everything...Oh well, there is no hurry around here, things get done when they get done. My platoon is going to be a lot of fun, we have 51 people total, 27 of which are prior service so we have a lot of experience. We only have 3 DCs! We also have one international soldier in our platoon, a nurse from Greece! It should be fun to get to know her and learn about her experiences in the Greek army.

Today I got up early and got together with some friends to do p90X. It was a good workout, we did it in the living area on the first floor of the building we are staying in. However, they do breakfast in the morning in the same room. So as we were finishing people starting filtering in to eat. I guess we were the morning entertainment.

I got to go out for the first time since arriving, we went down to the riverwalk to walk around and check it off the list. We went to a bbq place that was really good. A little on the pricey side, but tons of good food and homemade bread. I would highly recommend it, I think the name was county line or something like that..

Tomorrow we head to the AMEDD museum...fun stuff. I was there last year, so I will be going for the second time.

Things I learned:
Make sure you get all the finance stuff done on the one day, its a pain to try and figure out a time you can go to the finance office.
We have to get a 70 in each event on the PT test to be able to do combatives and not have to do remedial PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment