Today was more chaos and confusion. Formation was bright and early just so that we could get a signature on a checklist saying we were in height/weight standards. We went to breakfast and then sat around in random classes learning the army values and how to salute...which I have been doing for the last 4 years! It was amazing to hear some of the questions the DCs (Direct Commissionees) had. We then did all our finance paperwork. The room had about 400 people filling out the forms at the same time, but each person was a different scenario: married, divorced, single, dependants or not, spouse in the military or not, National Guard, Active Duty, Reserves, going overseas, coming from their active duty station or on their way...etc. You can imagine the confusion trying to fill out forms with acronyms for everything!
We were dismissed after dinner and I have no idea what were doing tomorrow. First formation isnt til 445 and I think were doing PT, so it should be a good morning. At least something will be accomplished!
I do have a great roommate, she actually graduated from Hampton University! She moved to NewYork soon after, she direct commissioned and is clueless about everything military. I will be teaching her how to put her uniform together an shaving her beret tonight.
What I learned:
-Patience! DCs have no idea about the military. I know this was said yesterday, but it is even more true today. Ranks range from 2LT to Major and they know little to nothing.
-People like to ask stupid questions, and ask the same questions over and over
-Be prepared to be left in the dark about what is going on and what will happen. You won't know anything until it starts. I hope it improves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment